Monday, 13 August 2012

Viral

Alastor and I have been scouring through databases to find traces of the research that the medical researcher was doing before she was killed. Some of it is rather interesting, but other pieces are just downright funny. Coming from my perspective of course.

Basically, from what we can assertain, she was researching viruses. Not looking at creating antiviruses like many people are, but rather what makes them so virulent and how to replicate that. There was some promising experiments where she was able to invade a whole culture of cells with a virus within 5 minutes. This was an altered virus, of course - altered to produce the most infectious strain of virus ever encountered. Of course, to allow for this infective ability the rest of the virus was completely useless - it didn't do anything - not even break the host cells. It only had the sequences necessary to duplicate itself, and escape from the host cell without damaging it (I'm assuming accidental side effect there, because I've seen this type of sequencing before and I know how difficult it is). Also a good idea in case it broke free.

This concerns me that Methias was looking at viruses. Or particularly, engineering a deadly infectious virus. No doubt any incriminating evidence leading to Methias' plans would not have been relayed to the main data hub. But I can only imagine what changes and modifications he has made to her research - posing as a fellow scientist.

Witham is pretty quiet apart from this task. Alastor has thoroughly checked out the building for any explosive equipment and has turned up empty pawed. He's keeping in contact with Peterson, asking what strange happenings are going on. He made the comment to me, "I like having a lackey".

I am yet to hear from Wedge or Arthur. I think I will contact them soon.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Come back to Nine and we'll go through what data we have and collate it all together. Try and figure out our next move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The virus thing concerns me as well. But I don't know what connects a virus and the Beast?

    ReplyDelete