According to my findings of the human remains found in the building in Cannock, the explosion actually eminated from the body of the man. The trajectory of the explosion that Wedge determined from the charred mess of the lab confirms that the explosion originated from where the researcher was standing. My analysis of the tissues clearly indicate and outwards force - literally blowing the man apart from the inside out. The only positive I can deduce is that the man wouldn't have felt being torn apart, as it happened too quickly for the nerves to register in the brain.
There is evidence of an external (from the body's tissues) explosive device, but I can say with certainty that it didn't cause the damage. I assume it was placed there to create an illusion of the researcher being killed by a bomb attached to his person. Methias is the obvious perpetrator. He burnt his symbol into the wall. He isn't being secretive about what it is he is doing, but he wants to cover up his real actions by faking evidence to make us believe one thing instead of another.
Wedge maintains her position of presenting as if we have bought his fake evidence. I agree with her - if we make it out that we only know what he wants us to know, then we will have an advantage of seeing what he really is unravelling without alerting him to our understanding. That way he won't try harder to cover up. But the thing that is getting me is that what if this is what he is intending? That code that we found was encrypted well enough to keep us out - so how could he do something that well, to keep us out, if his murders are this sloppy? Well, I consider them sloppy. The true evidence for me isn't that hard to find. But it just makes me think that we're not secretly taking an advantage, but swallowing what he has planned out.
Tharis has located a research partner in Peterborough. They might be able to give us some clue as to what he was researching - as all research, including data, has gone. That was one thing Methias did well. I have contacted Peterson to arrange a meeting. He deals with the human public better than I. He and Hutchinson are going to get back to me soon with a place and time. I have packed ready to go.
I want to know why this person was targeted, what he taught Methias, but more importantly - how he died exactly. I doubt his partner could tell me much about the last one, but it really intrigues me. There wasn't enough remains to test for the same virus that Skarin, the Beast of Dartmoor, had.
Interesting. Quite interesting.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking that we have to let the human government know. Well, the people that we trust. If this is what we fear, then we won't be able to control an outbreak. They will need to be involved.
I agree.
DeleteWe should meet with Peterson and Hutchinson and explain the situation. And whomever else you and they deem fit.
Shall I begin the arrangements?
You really think that this could become and epidemic? Surely you have antivirals that could control it before having to inform them?
DeleteHang on - are we sure we want to call a meeting with them now? I mean we don't have much evidence or details to give them. What are we going to tell them? That there is a potential virus that could be intended for release into the public, but it won't harm the person until a signal is received? In which case the victim is likely to be poisoned? But there is a small posibility that we're still looking into that the person could explode? We don't have any details about the virus itself, how to detect it, how to stop it, what the signal is, where or when this could happen? I'm all for informing them about dangers that affect them but wouldn't this just cause panic? It just we should wait to inform them when we actually have something we can inform them about?
DeleteHmm. I'm not sure Julian.
DeleteBut I do think that you need to go to sleep. You're still out there, working... when was the last time you actually did sleep?
We'll talk more about this tomorrow after visiting the woman. Maybe she will help enlighten us to more information.
Irrespective of our lack of information - we have to let them know that this threat exists. It's their world at danger here. Even if we tell them that we don't know much, at least if we get it out to them - the right people, not the public of course - they will be better prepared. And may be more willing to listen to our updates as we find them.
ReplyDeleteThey have a right to know of impending doom.
They do. I get the feeling from Jack Peterson and Hutchinson ... what's his first name? ... that they like to know anything that they can, irrespective of how little information or big the rammefications...but won't force any out of us. Like they're good guys that just want to do the right thing by us, not by some laws or authority.
Delete