Saturday, 5 May 2012

Dorleigh Case

So I've concluded the Dorleigh case. Turns out that the marrow transplant that they got was actually rejected by the bone itself as well as their own marrow, but of course they got the strengthened lymphocytes so that caused an immune war. So it was then just a matter of recalling the strengthened cells (this is one reason why I like to leave a radioactive signature in the introduced material) and replacing them with cells that had the correct protein marker for her body. Interesting case to look at really.

I will try to limit the medical journals, since I do already have the reports to fill out about it (and my brother has been complaining). Just quick notes I think.
The time difference between here where I work and the outer world does get to me at times. Particularly when we're all separated. You see, time passes differently here than outside of the base. Nine's outside of the normal stream of time, so that we could spend a week there and only a day will have passed outside (where this is found, thus many days may have passed for us but the next entry may be mere hours). Or we could spend a day here and a month pass outside - depends on the settings. Usually time passes more slowly outside.

I saw Arthur again a day or so ago. I think he's really looking forward to seeing Wedge again. Sure, he hasn't known her for that long - only like a year or two maybe (keeping track of time really is an issue here) but great friendship doesn't take long to bloom. He was Wedge's first friend in England when we came here and stayed for a while. He of course had no idea about us, or the real Wedge, but they got on all the same. Wedge used to leave and go spend time with him in her normal person alias. He took it really well, finding out about the secret service. He's been in Sector Nine a fair bit. He by no means knows all of it, or the crazy part. We were just about ready to induct him, show him, when Wedge left. It's a little funny to think how he used to join us so often to help with cases without knowing much at all about us. He still thinks we're just average people doing secret things. We'll have to tell him soon.

Ending thoughts: How did the wrong protein markers get left on the cells programmed for Dorleigh?

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. It was nice to have a friend that thought of me as just like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you can do really surprizes me Julian.

    But if you can do these things, how come you can't share the knowledge with the general public?

    ReplyDelete